Potomac Specialty – Obedience “C” Match
When: Monday, April 11th
Where: Breakaway Action Dogs, Inc., 900 East Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701
Entries: At ring side only (no pre-entry). Registration from noon until 2:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $10.00 for each “run” Entries are limited to Labrador Retrievers
NOTE: This is a “C” match, (not a judged “B” match). Meaning you are guaranteed 10 minutes of ring time for practice for each entry. Additional practice time may be possible once all entries have “run.” A Utility and an Open/Novice ring will be available for practice. Rally signs/courses will not be available.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your crate, chair, “stuff” (and floor covering for under them), and pick your spot to set up for the rest of the week of the Specialty. All items (but not your dog) may remain in the building for the duration of the Specialty. This is also a great opportunity to practice in the building/rings in which you will be competing for the Specialty; particularly if you and your dog have not worked on turf (no beads) flooring before. This is the same building that has been used for the Potomac for a number of years, but the flooring has just been replaced with turf.
For information contact: Cindy Harbaugh, 240-446-1383 (cell)
Location and Directions to Obedience and Rally Site
The Obedience and Rally venue at Breakaway Action Dogs, Inc., (B.A.D.) is approximately 3 miles from the LRCP Show Site. The address is: 900 East Patrick Street, Frederick MD and is diagonally across from the Frederick Fairgrounds and near the McDonalds. The B.A.D. facility is located directly behind S&S Tire & Truck Service (look for the large metal lawn ornamental “animals”) and is in the last building in the complex on the left.
From the LRCP Specialty Site:
– Take Route 85 North or Route 355 North to Route 70 East.
– From Route 70 East take exit 55 to South Street.
– At the stoplight at the bottom of the ramp, turn Right onto South Street and go under Route 70.
– Take the next right after going under Route 70 on Monocacy Blvd.
– At the next light (Sheetz & Roy Rogers) turn left on East Patrick Street.
– Just past McDonald’s turn left at 900 East Patrick Street (S&S Tire & Truck Service) and proceed behind their building to the last building in the complex on the left (B.A.D. building #1).
Don’t want to move your vehicle from the conformation show site? A “courtesy shuttle” to transport you and your dog to and from the Obedience/Rally site is available, with advance notice, starting on Tuesday of the Specialty. Call Cindy Harbaugh (cell: 240-446-1383) to make arrangements.